Aquatic Plant Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for letting us know about Purrfect Pets. I missed the sale yesterday; will it still be going tomorrow?

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Oh wow I thought I read petco, but purrfect pets... hmm I used to work there in high school. I'm kind of surprised they are going out of business. Though putting up christian biblical murals on his shop windows may have lost him a fair bit of business...

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I did some occasional consulting there, and they gladly bought my plants and fish whenever I offered them to him. I'm really sad to see the store go - especially since its chunk of the area's business will end up going to another ich-factory chain store.

That said, Tom is getting older, and his health isn't what it once was. I certainly understand why he's closing up and moving on, but I'm sorry it has to happen. The excess of Christian iconography was just one of the eccentric quirks of the place, IMO. Certainly it didn't detract from the quality of the livestock.

Pretty sure the shop's closed for good this weekend. I know the lease is up on the 1st, so they've got to be out of there by then... you might be able to call them up and see if they're around and willing to let you look through the leftovers, but even on Saturday morning, the pickings were slim. Also I may have already carted off the good stuff. :mrgreen: I did wind up bringing home five more 10g tanks for my shrimp rack, plus a ton of random supplies and some hardscape goodies... and something for the secret santa thing... :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm going to bring a bucket of the Miracle Gro OPS and some black sand; if you want to do a bowl just bring a bowl/vase of your choice and some trimmings or whatever you want to plant. If someone has some play sand you might want to bring that in case you prefer a lighter colored substrate cap.

Is it at 2:00 pm tomorrow? I wasn't sure of the time.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
3:30 pm, actually - a couple people won't be free until around 3pm, so we moved the time back a bit...

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
And, some bad news: I won't be able to make it today after all since I've caught a virus. Woke up this morning with a fever and such. Just got back from the walk-in clinic which basically told me that it's viral and there's nothing they can do about it (this is why I prefer bacterial infections LOL) and sent me home.

So... yeah. Illness. Not planning on sharing it with people who have little kids or soon-to-be kids (btw, Luke, did your kid decide to put in an appearance yet?)

If y'all feel like including me in the secret santa, though, I have a nice new bag of RedSea Florabase sitting in a box wrapped up and ready to go if whoever wins it wants to pick it up... if not, I'll just use it for a tank of my own. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think it went well, had some good chats with Mike, Jon, and Luke (finally met him in person). Jon brought excellent cake. Gift exchange was fun.

In short, you missed out =)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Yeah, yeah, rub it in that I missed all the fun. If I hadn't puked earlier that morning, and/or if you were all a bunch of single people with no small children to infect, I'd have come. :p Michael, I suppose you can come visit, since you don't have kids. I still have that bag of gift-wrapped Florabase...

Otherwise, my fish/shrimp/flowers will keep me company until I recover :p Note to self: set up 10g tanks obtained at Purrfect Pets closing.

Tonny, share some pics of your lovely tanks that I missed seeing, pretty please? Also, I went looking for that one last ember tetra you left here, and he seems to be missing. I haven't noticed any dead fish, but there are plecos in that tank, so he may well have croaked and been eaten before I could see him. Sorry!

·
Registered
147 Posts
The meeting was really fun. Tonny is truly an artist; his scapes are beautiful. It gives the rest of us something to aspire to... :)

It was great meeting Michael as well. It's too bad you have to go back to school, but hopefully you'll be able to make it to some meetings over the summer.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts