Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing this out there to see how much interest there may be for a club
in Schenectady, Albany, Troy or nearby in Upstate New York.

I look forward to hearing from at least a handful.

Let me know.

Thank you,

Jimbo205

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grim, El Exorcisto?

If you know of others in our area, please ask them to post here.

Registering on APC is free. So that should make that part easier.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a loner here, but you know I'm down, Jim
Charlie, I'll let you expand on that (what do you mean by that?) but this is encouraging. Sounds like we have a good start here.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, my home computer is back from the shop finally!

It has been almost 2 weeks without internet access except at work, but unfortunately work is just much too busy to do anything but work!

So, whose house or shop are we going to next to work on their tank(s)?

So long as it is for a Saturday afternoon I am good.

And just so you guys know the Hudson Valley Reef Keepers Society is having an event in the next 2 weeks and they are having some speakers that are knowledgeable about the idea of growing aquatic plants in salt water or reef tanks. Which you may or may not know is also a relatively new field in the salt water world.

I may or may not be able to go to that.

Charlie, can we see a photo of the new project that you are working on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive actually been trying to grow plants in my saltwater tank...haven't had much success in the main tank because the hermit crabs and damsels eat anything I put in there, but ive got some caulerpa growing in my refugium now and is doing pretty good...I might even try a 6500k of some sort on top of my reef tank and see if that helps anything grow better in the main tank.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Josh285, if you would like I purchased some salt water plants from Xian at www.cdmas.org (local club) that needs a good home.

I just need to pick it (them) up from him in Schodack(near North Troy?), pay him and get them to you.

I look forward to hearing from more local people or reading their posts online.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize that this thread is a couple years old, but I am interested in finding out what came of the idea of a club for the capital district area. Is there an active club in the areas? If not, who would be interested in starting/joining such a club?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts