Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a few of the inline pins cpf fixtures. It seems that the square pin base has a better selection and is cheaper. Why can't I just replace the endcaps and come out ahead both ways? What am I missing here? I would think the ballast would be the same since they have the wattage. Just looks like they put on a different style base. If so where is the best place you have found for the end sockets. I have 30 inch and 36 inch fixtures( I believe 56 watt and 96 watt are the bulb wattage)

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
You can get adapters, but I've only seen square-pin male with straight -pin female. You can find the adapters on ebay and by searching the web. OR search the threads in the Lighting forum, there have been posts with links to web-sites that offer these.

-Dave

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hi m-jackson,

Adapters would be cheaper and easier if the slight increase in length doesn't effect the ability to fit the bulbs you use in the fixture. If you were to use an adapter, is this the type that would work for your? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380102764565&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=380006816363&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DCR%252BIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D41
Or are you looking to go the other way? Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts