Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a whole mess of these in my pond. They flower in june usually. I reside in minnesota due east of the twin cities right on the wisconsin border. Having only lived here for about a year, I had not gotten around to looking about the pond. It is mostly swamp by late august and the pipewort grows in the slightly deeper portion past the cattails.Clear water, so I think there must be a small spring that provides just enough water to keep it from being entirely muck by summers end. I do not know if they are protected here or not or if protection applies to private land. Guess I should look it up. Most of the lakes around here seem to have them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have checked the Minnesota DNR webpage and apparently it is not endangered here. I will try to get some pictures taken this week. It appears to be seven-angle pipewort. If someone had a genuine interest in these plants and the tank to give them a serious trial and promised to write up the results/follow-up here on APC, I could pull a few from my pond and send them off. I would have to double check with a DNR guy just to make sure it is okay. I wouldnt mind a trade for something but I am not interested in selling them. Other then my pond I will leave the Erios to others. So pm me if interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts