Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been trading in cherry shrimp at their LFS for credit? I'm considering this now that my cherry breeding program is in full swing, however, I'm worried that they will cut me out once they get a shipment or two.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Simpte, I'm breeding them in a tank with java moss and some other stuff. Just toss shrimps in and wait, it's pretty simple.

Mat, I'm not really too excited about shipping them but if I can't find a LFS willing to barter, that will be my only recourse. I'm looking for new equipment so that is why I wanted to trade them in at the LFS.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one LFS that has great deals on equipment, at least compared to what I've seen elsewhere. Their plant selection is abysmal however. They have quite a large selection but it appears they are less vested in quality. I'm not sure if they will even take the shrimp. I'm going to stop in today and see what they have to say. If I can't find a local willing to give me fair credit, then I'll throw them up on Aquabid.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Their tanks and stands are very fairly priced, however their plant selection is poor and the fish are always diseased in someway. Their dry goods also seem to suffer the high markup of other LFS. I'd never buy fish from them but equipment is another matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.