Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have these cherry shrimp see......wonderfullittle buggers. They live in the little 2.5 gollon on my desk and give me lits of distraction time when the posting on APC gets slow:) I started with 5 shrimp, one died almost immediatly but the other 4 have survived for almost 2 months. sadly, no little baby shrimps for Dennis;(well, upon closer inspection I believe they are all males so I picked up 2 more, one is definatley a female carrying eggs and the other looks exactly the same coloring wise, but no eggs.

This was a week ago and still the one carries har eggs. Originally htey were small dark dots in the leggy things of the abdomen. Now they have developed into slightly larger yellow blobs in the same place.

When can I expect my little friends to enter their aquatic lives? Whatis the gestation period for shrimps. The shrimp are housed with lots of java moss and one tiny rosy barb fry. I worry that the little shrimp will be consumed by the fry before they even get started but the fry is tiny, less than 1/4" overall. Do you think I should worry?

Thanks for your time:)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
22 days huh... Any way of telling based on how the egs/female look as to how far along I am? Thanks for the help,btw:)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all,

I know about the filters(although the 2.5 is infiltered) as i used to have to release my Amanos for my AC150 every week. When I stopped seeing them in the tank I knew they were either in the filter or under the couch.

Matt, how is Ohio treating you. I was born and raised in the southeastern part of the state (hill-billy). You still building furniture?

Oh, and I'll try to remmebr to updaye when the exciting day comes. I know the eggs turned from black specks to yellow sometime around the 22 of Feb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts