Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Try not to fret too much over the eggs. I'm sure they will hatch. I really can't give you any help as far as the gestation period but kinda like that old saying goes "a watched pot never boils!"

I moved from Maryland to Ohio back in December and brought 12 Cherry Reds with me. Six survived the trip and the week in a container until I could get my tank set up again.

I now have a ton of them! I populated my 30g with them and also a 5g. The only thing you need to watch out for is them getting sucked into your filter. Every time I change my filter floss I find 6-12 shrimp in it.

If things don't work out with the eggs let me know. I may be able to help you out with a few more shrimp once it warms up a bit :)

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
My filter doesn't seem to be too dangerous at all. I just remove the top and pour them back into the tank. I haven't lost any yet, not counting the first few that went down the drain :-(

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Ohio is treating me good. I'm originally from a town about an hour north of Columbus so it is good to be back home!

The furniture building has come to a halt for the time being :-( Moving around the holidays isn't fun to begin with but then you have family stopping by to check out the new place and getting settled in has been slow. It's taken the past two months to get the house in order. Once it warms up a bit I will tackle the garage :) I have a lot of stuff I need to sell to make some room so I actually have room to work!

Hopefully you will be able to tell when the time comes. I never seem to see my pregnant shrimp when the time comes. They seem to disappear under the driftwood until they release the eggs. You will know it has happened once you see the baby shrimp all over the tank :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts