Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't the greatest pic, but is this shrimp carrying eggs? I just bought them about 3 or 4 weeks ago as juvies, and have never actually seen any shrimp carrying, so I just wanted to check.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks gnaster! Cool!

The house has been fertile lately. I've got scads of month old Cory fry, and a bunch of F-2 Bristlenose fry. And no, I'm not next.... :lol: :oops: I would like to see some of the Apisto's follow suit though.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Jans... Thats great news. I bought 3 cherrys a while back with two carrying eggs and within a week or two I had babies.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's cool Trenac. Did you have to do anything special for them like covering the intake tube for the filter or special food, etc.?

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
No special food, I just left plenty of algae on the back plastic wall which they love to eat. They are in a 12G JBJ Nano cube so the filter is intergrated into the back plastic wall, so no need to cover the intake. This is a shrimp only tank and I have Hornwort floating which they love getting in and picking at. Here is a pic, as you can see they have plenty of food (algae) on the back wall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's cool Trenac. Did you have to do anything special for them like covering the intake tube for the filter or special food, etc.?
Jan, A week ago I just found 7 baby cherries in my eheim filter so you might want to check the bottom with a flashlight :) . I now have a sponge on my filter intake. I also heard that cherries like more of ph around 7-7.4 compared to other algae eating shrimp. My cherries are in a pH of 6.9 and breed like guppies :D. They eat algae and every once in a while if they are lucky, brine shrimp and flakes

ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts