Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well I don't think you can find such a brand over in the states.

So that you know.. It is Ocean Free. I DIY-ed it to hold 2x36w PL-L lights.

The lights are ADA PC NA-LAMP

Drew

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
UPDATE!!!

Added::
5 ottocincullus
3 amano shrimp

Upgraded::
Lights to 72watts..

Comments and Suggestions are warmly and most welcomed..

TIA
Drew

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I don't know how I missed your tank before, it looks great. The rocks and wood are arranged well and the plantings accent them well. The red stems seem a bit thin but I know the tank is still filling in.

Have you considered small rainbowfish? Like threadfins or Pseudomugil gertrudae. They are small enough to fit the tank and are quite showy when you have a few males and several females so the males display for each other and the females.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I don't know how I missed your tank before, it looks great. The rocks and wood are arranged well and the plantings accent them well. The red stems seem a bit thin but I know the tank is still filling in.

Have you considered small rainbowfish? Like threadfins or Pseudomugil gertrudae. They are small enough to fit the tank and are quite showy when you have a few males and several females so the males display for each other and the females.
Thanks for your kind comments =)

Well, I'll go poking around the LFSes for this threadfin rainbow you speak off.. As I don't really remember seeing any of these fishes widely available at my parts..(its usually tera tetra tetra :rolleyes: )

Drew

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Kakoii: Yeah i thought something red is going to suit this scape well... Ruby tetra perhaps?

Redstrat: define distracting too much from it?? Don't really get that part lol..

Drew

·
Registered
50 Posts
I really like the scape, the only thing is that vertical twig, as soon as I noticed it I couldn't stop looking at it, I think it'd be best to just snap that big out.
Well done, I'll look forward to see it filled in.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Redstrat : yeah now i DO.. LOL thanks for the suggestion.

Garuf : I'll take that thought into consideration.. Thanks for the inputs guys.

Drew

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
::UPDATE::

Beginning to see some algae.. namely BBA coming around.. going to increase c02 level output soon..

Some pics of the inhabitants.

Orange Shrimp

- Don't mind me...~~ You cant see me behind this thicket of hairgrass!!

Ruby Tetra..

O.O

Drew

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
It's filling in nicely. I hope you can get the algae under control quickly.

I like the hint of red in the background, it adds interest without being distracting. The shrimp and fish look great, they stand out even in the full tank shot.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
noooo, i LOVED the first one! i'm surprised no one else has been as amazed as i am because that tank is amazing! You must be a true aquascaping artist as i can see from all of your other aquariums that they are awesome too. But you should have stuck with the first setup but the second one is still spectacular.
Hey Neeko, I'm not an artist.. just like any other hobbyist doing their best!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.