Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm stump, I don't know what wrong with my water... It's so cloudy. I change my water every week about 25% It will clear up for a little then the next day it would be cloudy again. It doesn't seem like it's green water just cloudy. Here are some pictures and here are my specs. Any advice would help and I will try. Thanks!

Specs:
Ph- 6.0
Ammonia- 0 ppm
Nitrate- 0 ppm
Nitrite- 0 ppm
I've just test my water before I posted.

Tank:
26gal bow front
Corallife 2x65 watt (One is on for 10 hours Second one is on 8 hours a day)
Co2 1 bubble per second.
Fluval Canister 205

Fishes:
1 Diano, 1 betta fish, 2 frogs, Couple Neon Tetras, Couple Red Tetra.

If you guys need any other info just ask.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey seattle i'm am using ferts i got the pfertz kit and was dosing one pump from each bottle for about 2 days and stopped. When I was dosing the water was cloudy like that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey mott i got the bundle set, it comes with micros [m], nitrogen [n],phosphorus [p], and potassium [k] I'm going to pump each bottle every other day to see if it helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay guys from the last time I've posted I add a UV sterilizer to my tank and the water clear within a week or so. Then I took it out and about 2 weeks later algae boom is coming back. This is so frustrating.I dont want to use the UV sterilizer all the time, I understand it's only for the last resort, I need to find the main problem. This is what I did I limit one of the light to 3 hours and the other one runs for 10 hours so it has a afternoon burst of light. I think my problem is the way I’m dosing pfertz. I don’t know understand the N, P, K, and micros. I'm only doing 1 pump per day and I split up with macros and the micros which I'm suppose to right? My biggest question is how am I supposed to know if I’m dosing too much or to little? What tests can I do to figure it out? Thanks guys for helping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.