Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which in your opinions is a better or I should say more efficient way of adding co2 to my 55 gal. I've been using the reator 1000 I think it's called, the one with the Rio powerhead on it inside the tank, but I really want to do away with it for aesthetic purposes, or is it ok to just run the co2 directly into my fluval canister filter inrake? The reason I ask is because I have herad of problems with airlocking. thanks for any suggestions, John.

·
Registered
113 Posts
CO2

Hi John
Are you using DIY CO2 or pressurized?

I have run it through my fluval canister filter uptake but i left about 3 inches between the CO2 tube and the uptake pipe as i didnt want to risk having the yeast solution being sucked out of the bottle and into the tank. I never had a problem with airlocking but it did create a bit of noise.
To release any CO2 stuck in the cannister I would just tilt the canister until the CO2 was released into the tank through the return.
After about a month or so of this i decided to go to pressurized so my experience is not one of a particularly long duration.

Good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a pressurized system. I made an in line reactor but it didn't work, the water wouldn't flow through the thing. I don't know what I did wrong. The filter is a fluval 404 so there should be enough power.
Can someone explain or better yet draw a picture of how an in line reactor should be set up. I mean where it should be placed in relation to the canister filter because I think this was the problem with the one I made. Thanks,again, John.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts