Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Regular soft silicone air tubing will work fine, all local fish stores carry it. You may have to replace it every couple years but it's cheap.

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio

·
Registered
739 Posts
I run my CO2 at around 12psi, at this pressure I am able to turn the CO2 off using a regular stainless air valve without any of the silicone tubing popping off. I also run CO2 24/7 and have been using silicone tubing for many years without problems. If your needle valve has an undersized barb you might want to use a small plastic tie as a sort of hose clamp.

I have tried CO2 hose in the past but it's too stiff and won't bend nicely, it's a real pain to work with IMO.

Regarding using multiple feeds from a manifold, I find one needs to increase PSI slightly and reduce it significantly at the needle valves, this maintains good pressure behind all needle valves on the manifold.

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio

·
Registered
739 Posts
Home depot or a hardware store will probably sell them cheaper than a hobby store. You can also get the fancy ones that allow you to remove them without having to cut them. In absence of these, I've used regular plastic coated wire ties in the past, there's always plenty of those around the house.

Giancarlo Podio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts