Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rhinox 5000 and i have on my JBJ bubble counter the bubble count quite high, around 10 to 15 per second and there is a few small trickles of co2 bubbles from the ceramic disc. I have checked the connections with soapy water and there are no leaks. Anyone know what else could be the problem?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just estimating the bubbles. There was quite a heavy stream of them coming out of the bubble counter. I am going to try to just hook up my co2 proof tubing directly to the needle valve to see if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
You obviously have a leak or leaks. If you mix some dishwashing liquid detergent into water, like if you were making bubble solution for children to blow bubbles with, you can soak every part of the CO2 system, wait a few minutes and look for mounds of tiny bubbles where the leaks are. It takes a very small leak to lose the amount of CO2 you seem to be losing. Sometimes you have to keep doing the leak checks for quite awhile before you finally find the leaky spots.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the soapy water technique.... i will try it again. How many parts of soap should I do per part of water?

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I haven't done this for awhile, and I don't do it by measuring, so I'm not sure what proportions work best. As I recall I use may be twice as much water as liquid dish detergent. In any case it is a very soapy solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts