Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 5# CO2 cylinder in the DFW area. I have looked at several places and am looking for a reasonable price. I have a 125 g tank so a 10# may be mo betta. Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
www.beveragefactory.com is a good supplier. The price is right and the tanks are aluminum. Mind you, you still have to find a local company to fill it and they may well swap your shiny new cylinder for a used one... albeit both work...

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Best local place for CO2 gas and bottles:

Airgas (former BOC Gases)
Dallas North 2615 Joe Field Road
Dallas, TX 75229
phone: (972) 620-6215

A 5 lbs. bottle, full with CO2 is about $65. The 10 lbs. bottles are about $70. Same price for aluminum or metal bottle.

The prices vary depending of the price of the gas I believe.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: CO2 Refills

Try G.O.S. Welding Supply, 300 Lavon Drive Garland, Texas 75040 (972-494-0494). Same-canister refills. I get my 10 lb refilled there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry, Guppy.

Sorry, Guppy. I didn't notice that you're from S. Cal. LOL!

I have a 10 lb canister. Around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, it is difficult to find a place that would refill your own tank. Some will refill 5 lb canisters, but nothing larger. I'm glad someone in the DFWAPC told me about the welding supply place in Garland. It's been a God-send.

·
Registered
628 Posts
[thread hijack]

Hey Guppy, I am in S. Cal and I go to a place in Santa Ana that refills my own cylinder without any problems. It costs $6 for my #2.5

California Welding Supply
1004 East 1st Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701
(714) 480-9661

If you go there sometimes it is easier to park in the shopping center across the street.

[/thread hijack]

·
Registered
704 Posts
Haha I go to California Welding Supply too. I heard about it from fishfry. Its easy to locate right off the corner. They let you park in the dirt right next to it, I haven't yet seen the lot filled up, so I think parking should be really easy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Walter Klockers said:
I'm glad someone in the DFWAPC told me about the welding supply place in Garland. It's been a God-send.
[email protected] Welding Supply is awesome and super-patient. I've been told of some of the BS that goes on there, and that man should be nominated for sainthood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts