Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally saved up enough $$ for a pressurized system. YIPPY!! :D

I'm looking at a couple regulators and canisters. But before I go and put all this money into brand new equipment, do any of you guys have a cylinder you don't need anymore? I'm thinking I'll want a 10lb (for a 55gal).

-Dave

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Thanh! For a regulator I was looking at this one from Green Leaf Aquariums:
http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/co2-regulators/choice-co2-regulator.html

Basically, I want a good and reliable regulator, and I don't mind spending a little extra money on it. I don't mind going cheap on the cylinder, and I'll use my powerhead as a diffuser since it does a good job circulating CO2 bubbles throughout the tank.

But let me know if you have a regulator sitting around.

-Dave

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yes sir, I got an extra brand new Azoo regulator. $65 buck and it's your. :hat:

You shouldn't have a problem having tank refill on your side of town. I can't think of the name of the place I use to go out there. I'll let you know as soon as it pop up. Just a heads up, if you have room under your stand. Get a 20lb. It's 20 buck more. 10lb refill is about 10-12buck 20lb refill is 14-16buck(more bang for the buck in the long run)

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SOLD!! :first: (Or...BOUGHT... ) PayPal or cash? (Paypal is easier, but cash is no problem...I'll PM you) .

-Dave

·
Registered
830 Posts
Congrats Dave

That and the filter I have for you you tank is going to be great

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats Dave

That and the filter I have for you you tank is going to be great
[smilie=b: I can get it at the January meeting if that's cool with you. [smilie=b: Let me know how much.

-Dave

·
Registered
830 Posts
Dave

You could pick it up this weekend and catch up with me later if you wanted. I already told you it was yours, not doing any good sitting at my house. Give me a call.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone heard of Carbonics for refilling CO2 tanks? The website says $12 to refill up to 10 lb tanks and they refill while you wait at their warehouse on Missouri Street in South Houston.
http://carbonics.com/products.html

I'm looking for something closer (East Houston), but if this place is on the up-and-up I'll go there. Anyone have experience with them?

-Dave

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just called them. The warehouse on Missouri is not there anymore, they are located at the home office at 506 Nebraska.
The price for 10lb or less is $10.50 plus $1.75 hazard fee (so, $12.25) . They are closer than the place in West Houston, and I'm familiar with that area, so I'll give them a try.

I'm going on Wednesday to fill up. I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

-Dave

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, I just went and filled up at Carbonics in South Houston. The price was $12.50, plus $1.75 hazard fee, plus $1.03 tax.
So the total comes to $15.28.
He filled it with liquid CO2, let me watch as he filled (so no chance of switching out tanks), gave me a free nylon seal, and was very friendly.

Overall I'd say it was a good deal. But I'm not familiar with other places/prices/service, so, use your own judgement.

-Dave

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Thanks for the info. Dave! Carbonics is not too far from my location esp if I don't have to go often. Does anyone know if FG or ADG will fill CO2 cylinders? I am seriously thinking of getting a 2.5 lb tank/regulator from GLA. I think it will last a whole lot longer and will be cheaper for my 60-P compared to the 74 grams of CO2 in the ADA system 74 cartridges.

Hey Dave, do you know if they have "scented" CO2?:bounce:;-)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thanks for the info. Dave! Carbonics is not too far from my location esp if I don't have to go often. Does anyone know if FG or ADG will fill CO2 cylinders? I am seriously thinking of getting a 2.5 lb tank/regulator from GLA. I think it will last a whole lot longer and will be cheaper for my 60-P compared to the 74 grams of CO2 in the ADA system 74 cartridges.

I recommend the bigger the tank the better. You will spend lesser time going to get tank refill. Get the tank that can fit under your stand. Even though FG do refill co2, I don't recommend their method of tank to tank vs the industrial way. It won't last long.

For tank, I recommend this place.
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/tanks/co2.shtml

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HAHA! I didn't ask, but I'd guess they don't unless there's a big market for it. ;)

Anyway, I completely agree with Thanh, get as large a cylinder as you fit under your stand. If your tank doesn't have a cabinet/stand, then get as big as one as you can. The larger ones are cheaper to fill (per pound) . Also, I've heard lots of people say that tank-to-tank refills don't last long (even though they say it's liquid CO2, it really just isn't the same) .

-Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts