Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently bought all the glass bits for the DIY co2 and gave it a go, i bought a rhinox 2000 diffuser, glass bubble counter, glass check valve, glass U-bend over the tank edge and proper co2 tubing. Ive used a large 2L fizzy drinks bottle for the yeast solution and a smaller fizzy drinks bottle as the gas seperation chamber, to connect the tubing to the fizzy drinks bottle caps i used brass bulkhead fittings similar to the ones in the article on this site, i got one type that is huge and i had to heat the tubing and really force it on (i doubt it will ever come off again without cutting), the other 2 brass fittings for the gas seperation chamber are slightly smaller and the tubing can be forced on creating a tight fit without any heat, ive tried a few times now and can never get any co2 to the tank, i think im leaking at the smaller bulkhead fittings on the gas seperation chambers lid, theres always a slight smell of the mix coming from here and if i shake the bottle it gets stronger. So the question is how do i create perfect seals around the connections, can i use aquarium sealent.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I made my diy co2 bottles I simply drilled a hole in the cap smaller then the airline. When you pull the airline through it squishes it a bit and makes an air tight seal. No need for the bulkheads other then to make it look nice.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would definitely try using a little bit of aquarium safe silicone on the area around the tubing. This will ensure no leaks at any of the connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts