Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first planted tank. It is a 45 gallon, with a 96 watt cf. I bought a Red Sea Turbo Bio CO2 system. I have already gone through the first cartridge and don't want to spend the money for replacements. Does anyone have the recipe for this size cartridge to be used in the Red Sea contain which is a 1 litre container. I need to know how much yeast and sugar to use. Also, is my lighting appropriate for this size tank. I am hearing differing opinions on lighting and CO2 usage. Need help!

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
If what you're doing is diy CO2, look at the stickies in the diy forum for it. I would guess if you kept buying their cartridges, you'd probably spend more in a year than if you went pressrized.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i agree with bert, pressurized is the way to go, in terms of co2 consistency. IMO the co2 cartridges are the least economical option out there. DIY is the better option over the cartridges, with the downside being a consistent co2 supply.

if a pressurized system is not within your budget at this time, save up enough until it is. once you get it, you won't regret it.

the lighting you have is good for low/medium light plants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts