Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pressurized system can't match the output of the diy system I was running. With a diy reactor and a bell diffuser (~1bps) I was getting 30ppm in my 30 gallon. (6.8-6.9~ ph at 8dkh) Now with a pressurized setup and and a powerhead reactor (2bps) I can only get 15 ppm (7.2ph at 8dkh). I also made a drop checker yesterday which is now placed directly in the mist coming out of the reactor and still remains blue.

Anybody have any ideas?

Only other change to the tank was removing the spray bar and turning the filter up higher (no surface agitation).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. the co2 tank was just on its last leg (I don't have a tank pressure gauge), so hopefully a full tank tomorrow will solve this problem.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do your self a favor, after you fill the tank use a piece of masking tape and mark the date then when you refill it note that date.

Reason is you will then know how long a tank should last you...

Keep us posted.

John

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got two of my tanks filled the other day and the system is now working fine. My drop checker is not working as good as I would have hoped, but using ph/kh I can tell there is enough co2 in the tank.

jt - Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do use my drop checker now and it works quite well, turning a nice lime green on the other side of the tank.

But doesn't a drop checker work using the same principle as testing the kh/ph, except that its at 4dkh instead of what the tanks at? (8dkh in my case)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts