Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a custom co2 system with one 2 litter bottle for my 20 gallons aquarium 3 days ago and I experiment with the different ways of diffusing the co2 into the aquarium. What I ended up is to put a cigarrete filter on the output of the tube and put the end right next to the input of my power pump. the result is to have THOUSANDS of tiny tiny bubbles all over the aquarium. It doesnt look very pretty. Is this the way is suppose to work or am I doing something wrong.
Also it seems that there a LOT of co2 flowing arround. How many bubble per minute should I have in order to be safe and not harm the fish. And when we are talking about bubbles per minute I imagine right out of the tube without any airstone or cigaret filter etc, right?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I've heard of someone else using cigarette filters to diffuse co2. With DIY you probably wont have to worry about overdosing co2 at all. You will have to test your kh and ph and use the co2 chart to determine how many ppm you are actually getting. 30ppm co2 is ideal.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
What kind of filter do you have? If you have an hob, just run the line of co2 into your intake, the impeller will break up the bubbles and the filter material will trap them and they will dissolve into the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts