Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I use DIY yeast CO2 for my heavily planted tank. I do regular weekly water changes and dose fertilizers as discussed in many other topics and also make the tests for the water parameters paranoidly. I have read from many topics that yeast CO2 is not an efficient way of adding CO2 to the tank. I use a 5 lt. bottle with a few grams of yeast and at least 100 grams of sugar at startup and 1 spoon added every 4 or 5 days or sometimes a week to the mixture. Regarding to the CO2 charts everywhere ( I found at least 3 or more charts and also another xls file from Chris Rolson) and my readings of my tank parameters my co2 nver gets lover than 40ppm. May it be possible or there is something which I do not take to account. My readings are as follows:
pH:6.5 - gH:9-10 - kH:6-7

I do not see any stress at fishes even I have read that more than 30 in long term may be problem for fishes (and I have a good load fishes) and plants are pearling very good.

Waiting to hear for your comments.
YILDIRIM

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CO2 question continues

Hello again,

My tank is 120lt-32g and 132w (6500k&1000K) and it is on from 9AM to 12midnight with a 2 hours of midday break (13hours). I have a good amount of neons and rasporas in it. Since the beginning of the year my CO2 levels are this high and I haven't seen a death or stress even early in the morning before the plants start pearling. So I have never considered to unplug it from the tank. (I'm also planning to switch to pressurized setup in a month.) I used test solutions with known parameters and I got the correct readings. So for now I'm sure of the readings. What I'm mostly concerned is to know:
i. if yeast co2 may produce this high levels of co2 (I have given the details at my previous post)
ii. if there may be some other factors affecting the formula used to derive co2 amount from ph and kh.
iii. if I switch to pressurized setup can I still use intake of my Eheim canister as a reactor (I do not want to place any objects in my tank)

Thanks,
YILDIRIM

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CO2 question continues

Hello again,

Any comments for my three questions at my last post ????

Thanks,
YILDIRIM

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
co2 reactor question

Hello Bert,

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me some details or a link how to build that
simple reactor which I can plumb it in line to my filter.

YILDIRIM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts