Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi;

I am putting together a pressurized co2 set up very soon just waiting for parts but i have some questions on regulators thats the one part ive heard mixed reviews. My question is $ is a concern but i want a good quality not something ill have troubles with being new to all of this. Any suggestions?

Secondly after setting up the hardware part what should be my safest steps in starting it up?

As a reminder i have a 46 bow front with neons and ottos and a pleco and 3 clown loaches that i dont want to kill with a ph massive drop.
Thanks

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I looked at regulators and buying piece by piece the problem is that because UPS rapes you with cross border shipments because i live in Canada that i have to look in canada for products. So far the cheapest is the Milwaukee set-up around $120 for the whole kit minus the tank which i called is $128 filled and 5lb unit. Id rather rent a unit but no one around me does this and would save me a every 5 year cost of inspection.

I bought a CO2 checker the one by Red sea is that good enought o monitor Co2 levels?

Theoretically if i reduced the light level to only my 96W compact and took away the 30W normal flourescent would take away the desperate need for the co2 injection? Ive been reading soo many posts and I still cant grasp the idea.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure there are places that do "rent" the tanks but i called everywhere near me and one only carries 10lb tanks too big for me and the other 5 lbs but you have to buy the tank and refill and inspect every 5 years. Ill look inot ebay though maybe someone around me wants to get rid of theirs. I'd love to buy from the U.S. but like i said its the duty at the border and then UPS kncoks you for more $.

So thanks for the tip in for the drop checker. So that is basically distilled water then? and does it make a difference using the PH testing liquid or just use it when the liquid runs out that came with it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.