Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Jungle Fizz CO2 reactor that most retail pet stores sell okay to use?
As in, I dont usually trust Jungle because I dont put much faith in anything "instant" in fishkeeping, but I have spotted this.
Here is a link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/Jungle-Plant-Care-Solutions-Factory/dp/B0002DI458

Oh, and what basic additives do you need, I get a little confused. Is Flourish good?

·
Registered
202 Posts
LFS tried to sell me these once. He was even kind enough to show a demonstration, but it made me laugh really hard.

I recommend using pressurized Co2, but if money is the issue, reading info on the DIY yeast Co2 method is your best bet.

Many people do use the flourish line of fertilizing. Follow the instructions on the bottles and you should be fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In the long term, the most viable solution is Pressurized CO2. I am currently using DIY CO2 but having to replace the yeast bottle each week is not funny.

·
Registered
86 Posts
you replace your yeast bottle each week? That's crazy. My 2 Liter bottle runs approximately a month or so, it's still pumping strong! Just give it a shake or two every other day when it stops going as hard. DIY CO2 is great if money is an issue!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Cougar1331puma,

I've never tried th fizz tabs, but if you are going to use anything other than Pressurized, you may as well save the money and do DIY. Sugar isn't neccesarily cheap if you're changing out your mixture each week, but it can be cheaper than buying manufactured products.

If you want a more constant CO2 from DIY, I'd recommend 2 bottles, and rotate changing them (one each week). Otherwise, you'll have extremely variable output.

Seachem's Flourish is a good source of micros. They also make Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium, Excel, Iron, and Trace. A good fert regime should include all the macros (N,P,K) as well as micros and a source of carbon (excel or CO2).

-dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone, I will definitely look into DIY CO2. I usually do not trust Jungle products anyways, but I figured I would ask! Good thing I did before I bought it!:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts