Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to anyone taking the time to read and answer this...

I have finally taken the plunge and bought parts for a high pressure CO2 system. I need to get the CO2 tank and was looking for tips on best prices, optimal size of tank and places to buy one from.

I have been online for ages looking around, but am unsure if I would be better of looking in a local welding supply shop or liquor store due to shipping. I have also read that CO2 from some places (like welding supply shops) may not be good for planted tanks.

I am also looking for one that is probably under 24 inches (so it'll fit under my tank easily).

Any other answers to "newb" questions that it looks like I missed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
Todd

·
Registered
199 Posts
Some places to try might be: A Welding Supply Store, a Fire extinguisher store, or a paintball store.

I call all around town and found the cheapest way for me to get a co2 tank was to buy one online and then take it and swap it out at a local welding supply store. Saved me $20-30 buying the tank online that way.

Matt

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I use a local welding supply place. Had to buy the bottle, filled, the first time. Refills they just swap bottles and lighten my wallet by $15. Figure you will go thru your 1st bottle faster then subsequent ones as you are learning to adjust it properly.

gnatster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts