Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every body

Here is a little question i have been asking myself. I herd that warmer the water less oxygen is in it or harder it is tu difusse in water. So is there more co2 by default in the water or is it as hard to difusse the co2 in warm water?????

So if we say there is more co2 in warmer water (without harming the fish) Will it be more economic on co2 on long term use to put the tempture up a few degree?????

This is just a question i have bean asking myself. Tell me wath you think or your point of view on this With first thing in mind the well being of fish, plant .......

Nice day every Body

·
Registered
10 Posts
Warm water's oxygen content isn't decreased as a result of rising CO2 levels. Warmer water holds less gas in general, as it reduces its capability to dissolve it. If you want to maximize your CO2 diffusion, it'd be beneficial to cool the water, if anything (it wouldn't have that much affect).

·
Registered
97 Posts
carbonated sodas are full of co2

cold soda = fizzy drink/lots of co2
warm soda =flat/co2 escapes

warmer water = less co2 & less oxygen

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
We don't come anywhere close to saturating our tank water with CO2. All that warming the water does is reduce the amount of CO2 that can be dissolved in the water, which means the saturation value is reduced. So, it makes no difference to us what the water temperature is, if we want 30 ppm of CO2 in the water, we need to add 30 ppm of CO2, whatever the temperature is.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for the answer every body answer the question i was asking myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts