Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Tom,

did you notice the TH of 20 ppm?

According to the religious believe to avoid any soft water in our tanks, there should be no healthy plants in his tank.

The KH won't be probably much different neither, so how is he managing sufficient Ca, Mg and most importantly the CO2 concentration?

Thank you,
Edward

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Jay Luto said:
A. Of course. Low KH will promote better growth in plants compare to higher KH. - Takashi Amano

Personally I have yet to use R/O water and so far I have been successful with most of the plants. At the same time I never tried it so maybe there is room for improvement.
Thank you for your reply, it's good to hear, that I am not the only one here trying to play with the RO. The reason I use the unit is because I bought it years ago. It was in a time of hopeless algae growing struggle. There was a believe at that time, that the RO might help. Well, it did help, but not enough. Tap water over here smells like a bleach, deadly chloramine, alkaline and sodium.

Today we know how to keep algae on hold even with tap water, so people don't experiment with the RO much.
I wish there was more people I could learn from how to dose Ca and Mg, etc.

Thank you,
Edward

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.