Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Conductivity increase with PPS pro

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ashappard 
#1 ·
Has anyone been checking the conductivity of their tank over time using PPS pro?

I check it weekly and it seems to increase the equivalent of 20 - 40 ppm per week.

I usually do a 20% water change and this brings the total dissolved solids back to my goal of about 180 ppm.

Any suggestions as to where the extra ions are coming from?

#9 ·
That would mean that there would be an increase in K, which I test and control for; so, it cannot be adding to the increase in conductivity. I check for KP&N weekly; so, K+, PO4(-3) and NO3- should not be adding to an increase in conductivity.

#10 ·
? I only mentioned potassium as a contributor to TDS

ray said:
That would mean that there would be an increase in K, which I test and control for; so, it cannot be adding to the increase in conductivity.
you're going to need some pretty accurate testing and precise measuring to guarantee you are not increasing some component of TDS as you dose. And accounting for all the different things going on in the tank, how those processes affect conductivity.. Please dont take that as a challenge to lay out a bunch of science and actually attempt to account for it all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.