Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,136 Posts
I hope that your pots and planters are resting directly on the glass. If they're sitting on a gravel layer more than 1 cm deep, the gravel underneathe might go severely anaerobic over time.

I think your tank looks great! It has an "Italian Patio" look.

With this kind of overall robust plant growth, I wouldn't worry too much about those species that aren't doing well. They may not be able to adjust to this tank's ecosystem.

·
Super Moderator
3,136 Posts
I've been a bit wary of cleaning the algae (greenish, with a powdery texture) off the glass in case it's helping to absorb nasties in the water. Would it be a good idea to get rid of it, or leave it alone?
The way your plants are growing, I think that a small amount of algae is probably okay. However, I would get rid of it-- when you have time. The algae is removing CO2 from the water with more efficiency than the plants. Some plant species that depend on water CO2 may do better when they don't have to compete with this algae.

The plants in this tank should take care of any nasties. You don't need the algae.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.