Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out how many cories to put in my 40 breeder, and need some help.
The final stocking should look something like this:
24 Rasbora espei
2 LF bristlenose
2 Dicrossus filamentosus (is there any way to sex these?)
2 Blue Rams
? Amano shrimp, currently 3
Possiblility of up to 10 Pseudomugil furcata depending on how full the tank looks

How many C. sterbai should I be adding to this?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
im a lil weary about the rainbows being in there but you can always give them a shot so...i would think amybe 6 cories will be plenty. since the stocking list is kinda big and the floor space is going to be mostly be taken over by the rams and checkerboard cichlids they are going to be bullied a lil bit if they pair. i hope everything comes out nice cant wait to see pics! subscribed

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey bratyboy, thanks for the advice.
Other people on TPT are also worried about bullying from the rams. Do you think this will be an issue in a densely planted tank?

All these fish are for my "Is There Life on Mars?" tank, the journal of which is due for an update...
I can show everyone my fun BBA problems...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had rams and cories together before in a 50g tank. In my case the cories pretty much ignored the rams even when they were trying to breed and being very protective near their pit. I'm no expert on rams or cories, but that's one data point.

I've read several places that due to being such social fish, you should try to keep at least 6-8 cories...

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I've never had a problem with Ram's and Cory's together either, so I don't think it would be an issue.

I think 6 - 8 of them would be reasonable in this tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts