Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the last week of April I was moving from my apartment. When I had my 55 gallon tank almost emptied, I noticed I had a baby cory fry. Just one little guy. I was kinda bummed that I discovered it late. I could only hope everything would be fine during the transition.

Once I relocated and got all the fish tanks setup, I decided to keep the baby cory in the 20 gallon, guppy fry tank. Not really knowing what to do, I left it to fate. The 20 gallon guppy grow-out tank runs 2 sponge filters, Lots of willow moss, plant cuttings from my 55 gallon tanks and pieces of wood. Well it turns out the baby cory has reached an inch in length over the past 3 months.

I was wondering what stimulates cory's to breed? I have a group of 6 in my 55 gallon, which apparently were the ones that bred. Actually, in the first week of settin up the 55 gallon after the move I noticed eggs that were attached to my ph probe! They were completely out in the open. Interesting, since I haven't noticed any baby fry, It's possible the guppies ate them or the yo-yo loach. Perhaps as the 55 gallon tank fills out more with plants to offer cover and hiding spots the cory's will breed again.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Yup, those are Cory eggs alright. You can pick them out and put them in a little plastic tub full of RO water or mature tank water with a little moss and they'll hatch in about a week.

I did this recently, but I'm not having luck raising the fry. I think I didn't start to feed them soon enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts