Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont purchase anything from these guys. it'll be a waste of time. well not worth it.
i purchased some sera products from them a couple of weeks ago. they sent me part of my order. i emailed them asking when i would be getting the rest of my order and they said "more than 1 week, less than 6 weeks" and then they said that they will just refund my money because it WAS NOT worth that many emails going back and forth. talk about customer service. and im still waiting for my refund. i even emailed them several times about this. no answer. these guys are a joke!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Shame you had such a bad time with them. I have purchased from them many times with never a bit of trouble. They cant be beat for fish that is for sure. Brian really knows his stuff. I know they had some trouble getting the Sera stuff thru all the hoops that were required so that may have been part of the problem. Will most certainly continue to shop with them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
dont purchase anything from these guys. it'll be a waste of time. well not worth it.
i purchased some sera products from them a couple of weeks ago. they sent me part of my order. i emailed them asking when i would be getting the rest of my order and they said "more than 1 week, less than 6 weeks" and then they said that they will just refund my money because it WAS NOT worth that many emails going back and forth. talk about customer service. and im still waiting for my refund. i even emailed them several times about this. no answer. these guys are a joke!
I agree. Checkout the AB feedback! Though, they did at least have the decency to refund the money.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I found their site about a year ago while looking for pygmy cories. It said to email them to inquire about stock. So I did. I didn't get a reply; they just put me on a newsletter list.

I looked at their stuff every now and then, but never felt comfortable about placing a real order with them. I figured if they weren't wiling to handle a question before a sale, then I'd really be in trouble if I needed for them to work with me should a sale go wrong.

I don't know about their FB or anything; I simply scratched them of my personal list of places to buy fish.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its a shame you crossed them off your buy from list, they have some of the best corys around, and the selection cant be beat. I purchased my discus from him as well. and they came thru in great shape. A couple did die during shipping and he replaced them no questions asked other than to find how what happened and discuss with me how to ship them differently next time to make the shipping better. discus are tough to ship for various reasons. If your estimate of the time frame is correct, I know that Brian was having some serious family issues about that time and is possibly why thigns did not work out as well for you regarding contact and stuff.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the info, Gordon. I'll give them another try. Glad to hear you got all your discus in after the replacements.

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
I've only seen their aquabid auctions and been thoroughly annoyed with them. Who sells priced per fish auctions? I always get excited because I think I see them offering a deal and it's really just overpriced! GAH.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've only seen their aquabid auctions and been thoroughly annoyed with them. Who sells priced per fish auctions? I always get excited because I think I see them offering a deal and it's really just overpriced! GAH.
Pays to read.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Six, unfortunately, thought my statement was a personal attack.

It was not meant to be. It was just some advice to the general populace. I don't think any further clarification is needed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yah, the "pays to read" shot was cheap. You see the auction title, and the per fish proviso is not there to read. You can't read what's not there. You saw more of these per fish auctions when Aquabid was very young, but you are right, they are very rare anymore. They might cause more negative feedback to be sent both ways when someone does not spot the fine print, and the sellers who used to do this either changed their spots or headed to eBay.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Although perhaps they could put per fish in the title there is no real reason for them to do so. when coupled with the rarity of many of their species and the quality of the fish, I think the prices are quite fair.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have had pretty good luck with them; my first order of Cory Hastatus was "OK," about four DOA's, and another two went kaput the next day after adding them. My next order for 25 more Hastatus went very well; one DOA, and no more losses. I have roughly 45 very healthy and active cory Hastatus from them now, and was pretty happy overall. They seem to know what they are talking about, and I have no complaints.

Sorry to hear that some others have not had the same experience, which has apparently caused some sort of bickering? Come on, kids: let's all be nice to one another and usher in 2009 on a happy note! :D

:hug:

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
I wasn't saying the place is not worth the money for some people, I just think if you have a minimum purchase of 3 species you should sell them in lots of 3... not per fish. Makes more sense to me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Corys R Us/Better Bettas

One to avoid, IMO.

·
Registered
97 Posts
They advertised 15 (or so, fish). I placed an order for 10. They sent an invoice for 10, and accepted Paypal payment for 10.

They shipped 7, and said remaining three were in quarantine. Would ship in 4 to 6 weeks.

They never shipped remaining fish. When I tried to follow up, they had no fish in quarantine, didn't know when fish would be in stock, wanted me to order different fish, refused to issue refund, and blocked my access to their site.

Very unprofessional, IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts