Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are being ripped off.

Wal Mart -25lb bag Aquarium Gravel - 10.87

Stone Select,Toledo Ohio- Glacier Pea Stone -1.45 PER TON!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Yep, that's why alot of people find their own substrate out in nature.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I go to a local rock query when I need something. The price can be amazing if you talk to people right.
Tell me about it!

Wal mart 100lbs Gravel- 43.48

Stone Select 100lbs Comparable Gravel-.07

Savings- 43.41

Amount you could get for wal mart Price at Stone Select 621 lbs

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Yeah well, tell me what isn't cheaper when you buy it in bulk. What you're actually paying for is the convenience of having a nice, little, managable package at a reasonable distance from your home. What would you do with a ton of pea gravel in Ohio anyhow? ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah well, tell me what isn't cheaper when you buy it in bulk. What you're actually paying for is the convenience of having a nice, little, managable package at a reasonable distance from your home. What would you do with a ton of pea gravel in Ohio anyhow? ;)
that's the thing you do not have to buy a ton. you can by it by the LB they Divide the cost of 1 ton by 2000 which is .000725 per lb times however many lbs you buy.100 lbs is like 7 cents.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
The same is true when you buy nice rocks at a landscape rock supply store. The have a hard time figuring out how to charge you 2 tenths of a cent for your rocks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The same is true when you buy nice rocks at a landscape rock supply store. The have a hard time figuring out how to charge you 2 tenths of a cent for your rocks!
anything under a penny is rounded up to one cent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.