Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know ottos like to be in schools, so I have 4 in my 10g, with 5 neons and 5 amano shrimp. Is that overstocked? Do you think the ottos feel crowded? Even with lots of hiding places, etc?

Do ottos prefer dark? Mine always stay in the shade during the day time. And is it normal for them to go crazy for a few moments when I turn the lights on or approach the tank?

And should I be feeding them algae wafers if the tank seems pretty algae-free? Whenever I do throw one in there, the shrimp nibble on it and most of it gets left alone for a day and I have to siphon it out. Will they eventually get a taste for them if I keep trying?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They've been in my tank for about 2 weeks now. It's densely planted and there's a few pieces of driftwood used to provide caves and shady areas.

Their bellies are pretty round, so I guess they're eating enough. But I'll try to throw in some veggies from time to time.

I was just concerned they may be unhappy because they're rarely out in the open during the day so it's hard to monitor their health.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.