Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Cpark's 50 gal. planted tank.

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  cpark188 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie into planted tank and would like to share my pictures of my tank which started 5 months ago. I wish I could learned more from the experts here, and posting my tank just to receive comments in order to pick up my mistakes. All are welcome to give your knowledge info so that I can improved better scape.

Setup discriptions:

Tank size: 90cm x 46cm x 46cm.H. 190 litres or 50 US gal.
Lightning:
72 watts.
Substrate: Gex soil for shrimps and plants.
CO2 injection: DIY Co2 yeast and sugar.
Filter: Atman Hang on filter and sump filter.
Plants: Anubias barteri var. nana, java fern, moneywart, tropical hornwort, ruffle plants, bacopa, hygrophila difformis, corkscrew vallisrieria, aquarium lily, cabomba and e. tenellus.
Fauna: Red cherry shrimps.

My tank full picture.

There is a cave found here.

This one aquarium lily plant.

Last is my shrimps.

See less See more
#4 ·
maybe it will sound like a stupid question but in Singapore, it is easy to find a good assortment of aquarium plants? Here in Québec... it's quite difficult to find. Few LFS keeps plants and when they does, they are in bad shape or there only a few species available.

#6 ·
I like the way you've placed your hardscape, both the wood and rocks have a good balance. The lily is a great contrast to the fern. I hope you keep it trained to grow short so it remains visually tied to the wood & fern rather than growing over it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the background stems fill in.

Your shrimp look great too, nice pics of them. :)

#8 ·
Hi Catherine, thanks for the compliment and you are right that the DW and rock both balance but I am still trying to get nice rocks. For the lily, I will trim it without letting them grow higher then the ferns. For the background plants, it's fast growing stem plants and let's see the out grow before trimming them. Nice to have your advise. Thanks.:D

#9 ·
Hi Matt, Thanks for your encouragement, and the potential of my planted tank. If I go for pressurize Co2, then my plants will thrive faster. My intention is to let the background stem plants spread evenly and cut off the Co2 injection to let it be a low tech tank. So don't have to trim too often. Thanks for the advise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.