Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Its been a month now and the tank is doing well - except for my poor little downoi :( maybe my SAE's have been eating it? hmmm

I have now got lots of different mosses - Xmas, peacock, weeping and two types of fissidens - growing on the wood.

Anyway, no more talking, heres the pics :)

Full tank shot - notice the freshly trimmed hedges of rotala green :D:D

Rotala Macranda "green"

Angle

Angle

Side

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys :)

kakkoi - There are some bolbitis rhizomes, just waiting for them to sprout more leaves :)

Bunbuku - That is Rotala sp. Green

Tex Gal - Weeping moss is much slower growing and 'weeps', while Xmas moss grows outwards.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Thanks guys :)

kakkoi - There are some bolbitis rhizomes, just waiting for them to sprout more leaves :)

Bunbuku - That is Rotala sp. Green

Tex Gal - Weeping moss is much slower growing and 'weeps', while Xmas moss grows outwards.
Huh! the shape of the leaf on the stem you have in close up looks different from the ones in the background. Its leaves are broader. I did not know that rotundifola can change its leaf shape like that. Very nice in any case. How often do you have to trim?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow thats a nice tank you got. The HC needs some growing in and as Jazz said that one stem does look lonely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New pics taken today after yesterdays rescape :eek5:

Any comments and suggestions would be great.

Craig

·
Registered
442 Posts
nice! although it would be nice if you added a red plant, maybe ludwigia arcuata.;)
Really nice looking tank I really like the rocks in this tank and bright green contrast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got the camera back!! :D:D:D

Heres some new pics after 30 days.

The rocks have been eaten by the blyxa and rotala green, but in real life you can see them well :)

Attempt at editing the pic - didnt turn out too good :(

Craig

·
Registered
148 Posts
The tank looks so lush. I like the growth, it looks so much bigger than a 60cm ADA. ;)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That looks like a 60 to me but I can not tell it is 60P or 60H. That weeping effect is awsome what is the wattage you are using to make it looks like that?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts