Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm really surprised he hasn't eaten anything! You would think he would plow down that stand of vals pretty quick. The choice of guppies(or are they Endlers) is pretty good as they reproduce pretty quickly to cover any losses. Also, I don't see any bottomfeeders in this pic...another wise choice.

blackhole: I think you can see it in the pic. Look for legs going into a flowerpot.

Its pretty good sized. I have a male right now...but his little home isn't anywhere near this good. That lucky guy must think he's died and gone to heaven with a meat buffet and a salad bar!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dom: True that kribs can be aggresive especially when protecting a spawn of babies. But those little lips and tiny teeth are no match for the "armor plating" and claws.

neonfish3: I've had a pretty similar experience. If they don;t eat them, they will either uproot them, or chop them.

Kinda surprised he attacks the java fern. Does he eat the rhizome? That must be full of nutrients.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah: paths is a good idea. I've seen them push over large plastic plants cause when they want to get from here to there...nothing stops them!

If I ever have a spare tank I'll have to give this a try!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts