Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing those photos. Crinum are next on my list of plants to try and flower, they're so elegant and attractive. What's the odor like?

Best,
Phil

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phil Edwards said:
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing those photos. Crinum are next on my list of plants to try and flower, they're so elegant and attractive. What's the odor like?

Best,
Phil
They emit a odor like a citrics fruits and lightly sweet, all the aquarium room smell a Crinum flower.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now, you can enjoy this continue secuence of pictures of the fruits. :p

In the next pictures you can see how the seeds transform in a new young Crinum thaianum. :wink:

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Janviercrypt,

You have a very nice set up. How much light is over those tanks? It looks like two T-12 fluorescents, but I can't tell for sure. How do you keep your aquarium room from overheating? From your username, it sounds like you like crypts. Is that so?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HeyPK said:
Janviercrypt,

You have a very nice set up. How much light is over those tanks? It looks like two T-12 fluorescents, but I can't tell for sure. How do you keep your aquarium room from overheating? From your username, it sounds like you like crypts. Is that so?
Thank you HeyPK :) , I always use all the light i can fixture in to the hood or in this case in the top. I use the most comun fluorescent light, this is two TLD840/18w by one TLD830/18w and the result was ok to me, i dont worry the color index or the temperature of the light, i find the best relation between cost energy and ammount lumen, one TLD840/18w produce 1350 lumen this is 75 lumen/w. And the TLD840/36w was 93 lumen/w. My tanks is not to deep, and light is sufficient for me.

To dont overheating my aquarium room i use electronic ballast and i have several little windows to open, but is not necesary because i live in "Viña del Mar" and the weather is very similar to "San Francisco", the wind is warm all the year, in summer never do more than 26°C and in the winter never down more than 6°C.

The last question, Yes !!!!!!! :p I love it, i like see grow in different condition and enjoy they little flowers, specialty the C. becketti and C. undulata. 8)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Thats great! Thank you for posting all of these pics! Its so cool to be able to see the entire process in sequence!

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
When I saw that those big green ovaries were looking lumpy, I thought that they would have a number of smaller seeds in them. But, instead, they appar to have just one very large seed! Looking at the other plants nearby, it appears that the seeds may be close to an inch (2.5 cm.) long. Amazing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts