Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What is your opinion?... nevillii? or becketii? it´s 3-5 cm tall, and its leaf has gotten a beauty bronze color.

2 month after...

it´s the little cript in central front

·
Registered
459 Posts
It looks like the triploid form of Cryptocoryne beckettii, ''petchii''. I've never seen Cryptocoryne walkeri turn bronze, but, then again I've never seen a lot of the crypts that are out there.

·
Registered
852 Posts
SCMurphy said:
It looks like the triploid form of Cryptocoryne beckettii, ''petchii''. I've never seen Cryptocoryne walkeri turn bronze, but, then again I've never seen a lot of the crypts that are out there.
The C. walkeri sold around where I live as "C. lutea" often turns more or less that bronze/brown color in its leaf margins under good light.

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is what I was sold as 'petchii'. My 'lutea' and 'walkerii' don't come close to the color bronze that this gets. Not that I think anyone is wrong or right, I actually figure I have 30 varieties of C. wendtii.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Xema's crypt looks like a walkeri. I'd bet the farm on it. I have one that looks just like it, sold to me as lutea. The leaves have wavy edges, but the "amplitude" of the waves is large, compared to petchii.

SC Murphy's crypt looks more like petchii, but, again, the amplitude of the waves is a little large. I have one like his, and I am not sure what it is.

I am enclosing an old picture I have of petchii.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts