Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 46G tank have some cherry shrimp but I want to add some crystal red shrimp. Are those 2 types compatible and since the cherry shrimp are barely visible in that tank, will the crystal big enough to be notice?

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
PH will be an issue if over 7.0 in your tank. CRS prefer 6.2 to 6.6 and although they will "survive" in PH over 7 life span is shortened as well as survival raye of the young. The higher the grade the more important PH can be to having success....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Besides the Ph, temperature is very important for CRS. Cherry shrimp are very hardy and can tolerate a larger temperature range than CRS and don't worry about them interbreeding because they can't. I keep my CRS tank around 70F at all times with a chiller.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. I should move all my cherry to another tank and try to get some crs into the 46 to see how it goes.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
478 Posts
they will breed faster at 75 degrees but color will show better at 70. do you dose? if you do i'd suggest you to stop because CRS cant tolerate too much ferts. if you dont i'd suggest a bag of purigen, it works extremely well, and it will also take out w/e is harmful for shrimp. are you reserving the whole tank for CRS? because besides catfish, even the smallest fish will attatck/eat CRS fry.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I reserved the tank for CRS. The only other fish in the tank is the ottos. It have been housed the cherry shrimp with the ottos without problem. I do ferts for the plants but very small and I ferts in small portion every day.

·
Registered
478 Posts
sounds good but i think the plants ill do well w/o the ferts. IMO purigen is the BOMB. lol. its up to you though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts