Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Know what it is? I looked for an hour and couldn't find anything conclusive. Any thoughts as to where I can find out would help also. Thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in South Florida at a bigal's. They had probably 20 or so tanks with plants in the usual manner and then 1 40+ gallon bowfront tank with a lot of cryps and swords just randomly placed with a half ass way to identify what is what. They just labeled it crypt. lol. I've had it many months now and only wanted to know what species it was so I could get more of it. It is very easy to please and it put out over 5 runner plants that have grown larger then the orginal. I like it a lot because it is not very large in size and some of the colors it is producing is really unique. Every leaf is different in pattern and color. Some are green and some come out 60% red.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Is it C. wendtii "green gecko"? Your photo resembles the one in the Plant Finder for that species. As I recall "green gecko" is also a small crypt.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never even noticed that is looks very close to that pic. I am not too sure that it is that exactly but it is the closest i've seen. The leaf size and colors mostly match also.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I got a few of those Ctonopoma's and they were a sweet pick up. Nothing cooler then a fish that utalizes the entirity of your tank. Mostly social when I am around too. Yea I have prety much sided with it being a wendtii variety. The next few leaves that are developing are rediculous in color.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
It looks like one of the larger wendtii varieties. I have C. usteriana, and I have not seen partial dark coloring on the undersides of the leaves like that. The leaves seem to be always solidly colored on the undersides for me, or not colored if the light is dim. I have not seen a blotchy coloring. Also, the usteriana leaves are longer in relation to their width.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts