Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Crypt. Parva - medium to adult size plants with leaves around or close to 2 inches.
I will pick out the cleanest out of this lot and they're virtually algae free. $3 ea. (Sold)

Crypt. 'Mi Oya' - Daughter plants ~5-7 inches. $2 ea. (Sold)

Echinodorus 'Red Devil'. ~4-5 inches. $5 ea. (1 available)
It'll be slightly smaller than the one below.

Lagenandra meeboldii sp. 'pink' around 5 inches. $20 ea. (1 available)

Pogostemon erectum. 7 stems ~5-6 inches. $7. (1 available)

Shipping via USPS priority is $6. Mind your weather, I have no heat packs but I do pack well. I can ship tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
I think your crypt parva is really crypt willissi x lucens. Crypt parva is TEENY. At first I thought I had parva until I really got parva. Here are two pxs.

crypt willissi x lucens aka crypt nevelli You can see them compared to glosso leaves.

Crypt Parva The gravel is ADA AquaSoil Parva leaves are about 1/16 of inch wide. Really little.

·
Registered
150 Posts
edited, rofl.

I coulda sworn the package I got from paypal shipping label was a female's name... or maybe not? I should stop talking before step on anymore toes. Hahaa... sorry!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Plant finder may be wrong or there is a certainly a crypt smaller than the "parva" described on plantfinder. :) There are reputable sellers and then there are very knowedgeable sellers. ...and then there are the experts who have actually flowered the plant and confirmed its ID. I have no doubt that you bought the plant as parva. ..from someone that sold it to them as parva... and i would not be surprised that there are a lot of plants in the trade that may be incorrectly sold as parva.

Tex Gal may be correct that you have x willisii. That plant in fact itself goes by many names, including Cryptocoryne nevilli.

Here is my parva (which i have not yet grown emersed and flowered to confirm it), but here is what my parva looks like. It came from Oriental in Singapore. That doesnt make it true, but size wise it is very very small and may be idential to the one by TexGal. For my ruler, use the ~1/2" keyhole baby and the java moss behind it. The plants have shown 3 months of very slow growth and constant battles with the breeding parent keyholes which dont want them to stay rooted.

Nevertheless, yours look like a very nice plant but is not the one which is the smallest crypt.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Oriental in Singapore"

Thats where the reseller imported the C. Parva from. Did you get yours from Lowcaster/Charley as well?

I am currently grwing some of these emersed. Hopefully it will flower for a more definitive id.

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
not to add fuel to the fire, but how does flowering it confirm the ID? Are they that different that its easy to tell?

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
I also had once purhcased 'Parva' that turned out to be Lucens, but I think looking4roselines plant is Parva. It seems to hug the substrate really well and looks like it's mostly leaf (as pointed out by Bigstick). One think I realized that fooled me was that young Parva and young Lucens look the same. So if the plants in the pic aren't mature plants then who knows.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
One think I realized that fooled me was that young Parva and young Lucens look the same. So if the plants in the pic aren't mature plants then who knows.
SO TRUE! I somehow mixed by parva in with my willisii x lucens and now I can't tell where they are. Everytime I think I've found them they turn out to be baby willissi x lucens! Planter beware! :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.