Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been growing C. bangkaensis for about 18 months. I find it to be a fairly easy plant to grow under standard blackwater conditions. A few months ago, one of my plants started to send up a spathe - but unfortunately, while the spathe was still only a few millimeters long, it melted. The plant tried again two additional times, with similar results. I couldn't figure out why the spathe was not maturing. Guessing it was some kind of nutrient deficiency, I added a fertilizer tab to the pot, hoping that would do the trick. The next spathe developed normally, and it finally opened up yesterday. Here are a few pictures, maybe excessive pictures, but its a beautiful spathe and I couldn't help myself. Pictures don't do this spathe justice - the patterns, colors and textures are to be seen in person to be truly appreciated.

More pictures on my blog...

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a few leaves die off as the spathe started to mature. I suspect I'm low on SOME nutrient, I just cannot figure out what. Leaf mould from F. sylvatica is impossible to come by here. I need to figure out exactly what the plant needs from the leaf mould, that way we can find substitutes.

I always have a hard time figuring out if I'm over fertilizing or under fertilizing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.