Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather in Borneo is getting wierd, there is too much rainfall in the dry season!!!

When we failed to find Crypt. zaidiana in Miri, we decided to go back to lower part of Rajang river near Sibu town to look for another species of Crypt. It was discovered by my friend recently in a blackwater river. None of us have any idea what species it is. it could be Crypt. cordata var. zonata ??? Luckily, my friend in Sibu brought us to that spot, else we would't find it as water level was a bit high & we couldn't see anything under the water in the blackwater swamp.

Thunder storm is approaching!!!

We couldn't find any Crypt. in Bintulu & Miri areas as water level is TOO HIGH!!!!! (Thanks to global warming which changed the weather pattern in Borneo)

Thanks to my friend, we managed to collect some Crypt in Sibu area.

Unidentified species of Cryptocoryne.

could it be Crypt. cordata var. zonata?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next, we revisited a blackwater stream which is the habitat of Cryptocoryne pallidinervia but unfortunately, it's has been destroyed! But the aquatic aroid managed to survive under the water.

The leaves of Cryptocoryne pallidinervia :

Before we heading back to Kuching city, we stopped our car next to a clearwater stream near Maradong.

We discvered the largest population of Crypt. auriculata. Most of them are growing in emersed condition.

Crypt. auriculata.

The spathe (flower) of Crypt. auriculata.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Great photos. Many people dont understand that global warming also means more rain, or winter like conditions for some areas. Thanks for mentioning it.

·
570 Posts
Awesome as always Michael.

I need to ask you a question...
How many time do you think would stay this awesome wild life in Borneo?
I read about the high increasing of the Indonesian population is destroying large areas of primary forest. Is that I heard true?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome as always Michael.

I need to ask you a question...
How many time do you think would stay this awesome wild life in Borneo?
I read about the high increasing of the Indonesian population is destroying large areas of primary forest. Is that I heard true?
Mostly day trip. But I plan to camp over night in the jungle if I can find people who can join me.

Yes, Indonesia side of Borneo is .....worst than Malaysia side. I mean the rate of deforestation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts