Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
I find it interesting that when nurii fails for people here in cultivation it happens the exact same way cordata does in my tanks; small small leaves, very prone to melting.

Jan's page on nurii http://www.nationaalherbarium.nl/Cryptocoryne/Gallery/nur/nur.html has some shots of the terra typica that would seem to indicate it's a submersed plant in the wild, not an emergant bog plant, and that it grows smaller emersed than submersed.

I'd be interested in the water chemistry where nurii grows. It grows like crazy in nature, there's just something we're not getting right.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Remember Steve Pushak seemed to be having ok luck with it although it'd never sent out a runner.

I've heard the fast flowing water thing too. I'd be interested in seeing what the dissolved gases were like in water where it was from. Horst and Kipper might actually have this data, they have some of this for various crypts. Someone need to talk to Kipper...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.