Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
557 Posts
The aquarium is a Oceanic 30 gallon cube
The light is a 175 watt 6,500 K pendant
21 Kilos of onyx sand
10 Kilos of silver sand by aquatic nature (to cover the onyx)
30 Jelly bean African tetras
20 Cardina japonica
10 ottocinclus affinins
2 Crosochelius siamensis
Thank you Nathan for posting the pictures

· Registered
557 Posts
Bert H said:
Very nice Luis! I too wonder how the hair grass and the hc will do in proximity like that. Keep us posted!
So far Hc it seems to be the dominant plant and the final result is like a box of chocolates you never know what you will get.
How to thank you Phil!

· Registered
557 Posts
turtlehead said:
did you know the onyx comes in sand too? or did you only want on the bottom? nice tank, it's hard to find a tank that utilizes rock and wood as hardscape since they dont seem to match sometime, I really like the look of the grey sand, makes me want to try it after I try ada.
What I have under the and is onyx sand. I rather cover the substrate just because the way it looks is not my cup of tea, I always do it even with flourite.
BTW I will use ADA substrates from now on.
Best regards,
Luis Navarro

· Registered
557 Posts
ShaneSmith said:
What is this silver sand stuff?
Shane the silver sand is just sand there is nothing in it. the only porpuse of using it is to cover the onyx sand.
Kevin I have 3 cubes way smaller than yours and all plants are doing well. I always use lots of light. BTW I have the same system as you.
Best regards,
Luis Navarro

· Registered
557 Posts
Oi Andre tudo bem? I assure you the Blyxa will look better with time and one of the basic rules I always follow is thinking ahead of time estimating how the plants will grow.
Sim andre tudos mis acuarios tem C02.
Abraco
Luis Navarro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.