Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in learning more about cyperus helferi. I recently acquired the plant, and would like to learn from others' experiences.

Is the plant a heavy feeder? Does it respond well to any particular macro or micro nutrients, and at what levels of fertilization are improved growth rates seen? Is root feeding necessary or beneficial? Can one grow this plant emersed, and, if so, does emersed growth result in more rapid growth?

Any insight that is shared will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
645 Posts
An easy plant, follow the estimative index and maybe put a jobes stick under it. Mine latches on to jobes sticks. One thing to watch for is it grows in thickets, so seperate the plants out every so often b/c the thicket can get obese and is a pain to mess with once it is will developed.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The plant, in my experience, does not produce an extensive root structure although it does benefit from some fertilization through the roots.

It seems to appreciate a decent amount of water circulation and moderate lighting. For more information, please visit the Plant Finder entry for this plant (which contains a lot of anecdotal information/personal experience):

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forum/plant_data/details.php?id=136

Carlos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts