Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want to register for any newer forums and I think most people here are pretty smart with computers or at least comp literate. Someone doesn't like me out there and recently a few days ago, I got a loads of viruses. My programs don't start up anymore in the start up. I seem fine to be able to access the web and all though. I downloaded from cnet.com/downloads.com spydoctor, f-prot antivirus, and norton antivirus and cleared almost all of the viruses. There is on folder that doesn't seem to fix, I was wondering if I can delete them myself without affecting my computer? If no one can help me can someone at least direct me in the right direction. The folder is C:/_Restore/Temp/....*file*.CPY

Any help will be great, this past month has been very frustrating, Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simpte, I had I think 3-4 trojan hangrys. The scanner said I was hacked into by someone, I forgot the name. And spywares and infected files. There was a lot.

Thanks Gnatster, I did exactly what you told me. I haven't turned the restore back on yet though.

You guys have any idea how this could've happend? The only sites I visit are plant forums and plant store sites. I don't download anything, or anything else like that. Is it that harmful just to go on the internet these days?

Thanks,

Dennis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts