Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wery intresting and impresive .Congratulation. Your light is osram or filip or something els? And how much wat?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Updates for May 2 2010

Full tank shot:

Here's a shot of one of the female RCS doing her thing:

Finally, a shot of my emersed HC. Sharp people might notice that a rather large chunk of it seems to be missing. I have a good reason for that!

Tada!

:D

Updates to follow!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
An update for May 16 2010

Full tank shot:

A picture of the emersed HC. It's bouncing back pretty quickly even though I trimmed a large portion of it out.

Growth of the emersed HC in the other tank.

Finally, some shrimp.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Updates for May 24 2010

The HC is finally taking off to the point that I have to trim it back from time to time :)

The Blyxa japonica is also really starting to take over the sides of the tank.

I usually take out my equipment (heater, filter) when I do my photos, and as usual, today was no exception. I left my filter out in a plastic container for about 45 minutes as I was changing the water, etc.

Anyway, as I was about to put back the filter, I thought "maybe I'll squeeze out the sponge that covers the filter intake". To my surprise, two shrimp were trapped in the filter strainer :eek:

However, after placing them back into water, they seemed fine, and even swam out. Crazy shrimp! :rolleyes:

And finally, the ADA Mini-S with the emersed HC carpet.

Edit: Almost forgot my other emersed HC picture.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking very nice! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Updates for May 30 2010.

Full tank shot. The Blyxa japonica is really starting to look overgrown. I may have to do some severe pruning soon!

Haven't had a shrimp picture in a long time. Since my last die-off, I haven't seen any berried shrimp in a long time, until today.

My emersed HC growth:

And finally, the ADA Mini-S emersed HC growth. So far, so good!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Some updates for this week of June 20 2010

A somewhat rarer, zoomed out FTS of my 2.5g nano. It's really starting to get overgrown, so I'll probably be rescaping soon. Either that, or moving everything over to the Mini-S, since the HC carpet is looking quite filled in at this point.

Here's a pregnant RCS

And finally a FTS of the Mini-S

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lookin great, as always! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I ended up using my 2.5g nano tank as an emersed grow out tank.

Here comes the HC and the Dwarf Hairgrass. It's my first time trying to grow the Dwarf Hairgrass emersed; we'll see how it does.

·
Registered
185 Posts
keep us posted on the hairgrass..im thinking about doing a dry start up on a 12X12X12 AGA tank and was thinking about HC and hairgrass.. i would be interested in seeing pics of your growth as you progress.

Rick

·
Registered
65 Posts
You mentioned that you were having trouble measuring out small amounts of excel. a possible solution is a diabetes syringe that measures in units. there are 10 microlitres in a unit. you should be able to accurately add 50 microliters at a does with the syringe.

Hope this helps.

David

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh and very nice looking scape. Small tanks are fun as i can go on hikes and find perfect small rocks to take back and use without breaking my back with the larger rocks!

David

21 - 40 of 40 Posts