Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I want to come! It would be great to meet you all!

I have a LOT of Rotala rotundifolia (Rotala indica). I have 6 bundles over 20" tall with at least 15 stems each and 2 shorter bundles with at least 30 stems.

Please, someone tell me they could use some of it! Or a whole bunch of it! I should have enough to fill a lot of tanks.

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
Heys guys (and gal), I'm not going to be able to make it afterall. :(

I completely forgot about a "date" I planned with my 3 yr old (to go pick out a Christmas tree). I had already promised her to go this weekend.

I do have some plants I'd like to send though.
-Arthraxon sp ? (possibly mis-identified, may actually be in the Dayflower family) for Bhushan
-Echino. quadricostatus for TNguyen
-miscellaneous stem cuttings for whoever needs them

Could anyone swing by here to pick them up in the AM or meet me somewhere close to the East Side?

-Dave

·
Registered
166 Posts
Complexity,
I could use a few of the shorter Rotala. Just made some room for a few of them. See you there.:wave:
Great! I'll definitely have some for you. :)

Dave, do you know if anyone in the group lives in your area? I could do it if no one else can, but I have a feeling you're going to live quite a distance from me. Let me know if no one else can help out.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Dave, you're living on the wrong side of town. All the cool stores are over here. You know, they sell christmas tree on this side too. :D

Vicki, It'll be too much trouble for you to pick them up. We can alway wait for the next meeting. There really no hurry. Looking forward to meeting you. :wave:

Thanh

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
Dave, you're living on the wrong side of town. All the cool stores are over here. You know, they sell christmas tree on this side too. :D

Vicki, It'll be too much trouble for you to pick them up. We can alway wait for the next meeting. There really no hurry. Looking forward to me you. :wave:

Thanh
You mean they sell trees ALLLLL the WAAAYYYYY Over THERE?! ;)

I'll keep growing these plants until January, then. I'll have plenty for everyone by then at the rate they are growing. :D

-Dave

·
Registered
166 Posts
TNguyen, I honestly wouldn't mind. We were talking about meeting in that area so it wouldn't be out of my way. I'd just have to be there an hour early so I could give him some of my Rotala (I really, really want to get rid of my extras!).

So this month or next, no problem. If we met at a Starbucks with internet access, I'd be pretty happy for an hour no matter where I am. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
BTW, about how many people usually come to these meetings? Just being curious so I'll have some clue before I get there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Okay, we've worked it out. I'll meet Dave at the Starbucks at 59S and Cummins St. at 11:00am. That way he can share his plants with everyone at this month's meeting and I can get rid of... umm.. share my Rotala with him.

If anyone wants to come early, let me know. Otherwise, I'll see you all at the meeting!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sounds good to me! Thanks. I may not seem it, but I am a little shy at times. It helps to know if I'm walking into a small group or a room of 30 people. :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Wow, very cool we will have some new friends and also meeting old ones:p

At the very moment(yes, I am STILL awake at 1AM), I have torn down my semi-breeding tank of CRS that Luis has setup for me. Got loads of Anubias petite....and other 'cool crap', haha!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well, Dave looks like I might have a hat for another month. Perhaps I can be at Starbucks at 11:00.
See you there if I can make it at that time. Bringing a bunch of Vals that I took out of tank last night and some pics for someone to identify what I might have in my tank.:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yea! I might have company while I'm waiting at Starbucks! If not, that's okay, but it would be fun. :)

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Good to meet everyone! Sorry I had to :bolt: - got a reminder than I needed to be home by 1:30 pm.

Can someone post the "needs" for the upcoming Plantfest since I missed part of the discussion. Thanks!

Hope you guys are successful in prop'ing the UGs - in case they don't do well in my novice hands. Heck if it works we can start a cottage industry by growing them on wire mesh!

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
Sorry I missed it. At least I was able to get with The old man and Complexity beforehand and drop off the plants...and get my BlueBell hat back! :D

Vicki, thanks again for the Rotala. I got it planted and will get some pics posted tonight. At the rate things have been growing it should be ready for update pics in less than a month. :)

We wound up not cutting down a Christmas tree at the farm because the pre-cut ones were much prettier (and the same price). It sure looks bigger in the house than it did out there!!

-Dave

·
Registered
469 Posts
Really a great meeting. Two new young girls, lots of plants and just sorry I missed the lunch. I had to get home and get my second manifold working on my other tank. I did it! Did not really need to increase the pressure as was told I might need to for running two with one needing about 20 feet of tubing. I think the second manifold was well worth it. Thanks for all the plants from everyone.
Dave, did the hat shrink any from me dipping out fish with it? :)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.