Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A DFW Aquatic Plant Club meeting will be held on July 16th at 1:00 pm at the home of Michael Parkey (Michael) in Dallas.
Michael is a landscape architect and his home and backyard are not to be missed. He has a number of beautiful tanks in his house and his backyard contains numerous water features and aviaries.
As always a plant swap will be held for paid members. The annual membership is $20 due in Jan but each quarter is prorated, please contact CrownMan for details. Starting with this meeting the plant swap will be held at the end of the meeting.
Please bring drinks or a snack to share. Also be sure to sign in when you arrive as the numbered signature sheet will be used to award door prizes.
DFW-APC members will receive an email with meeting details. For others wishing to attend please send a PM request to Crownman or bsboust via dfwfishbox or dfwapc for the address.

Brad Boustead (bsboust)
Secretary: DFW Aquatic Plant Club

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Thanks for hosting michael. I'll be there.

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
You're welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Brad, thanks for the glowing description, I hope the reality lives up to it!

I will have two unusual items for the plant (and fish) trade. First, five young bristlenose plecos, 1" to 3". These common brown short finned form. My incredibly prolific pair have been at it again, and there are more small junveniles if anyone is interested in those.

Second, young pond-grown plants of Nymphaea micrantha 'Geflect', the so-called tricolor lotus. Here is a good article on the species: http://www.flowgrow.de/db/aquaticplants/nymphaea-micrantha-gefleckt These are fairly easy plants to grow, but need special conditions for propagation that are difficult to provide in an aquarium. You can see them in two of my tanks in their submerged form. The ones for trade are in the emersed form, with floating leaves. They will make the transition to submerged form when planted in an aquarium. They need medium light, a fertile substrate, and lots of room.

I don't want to catch the plecos or uproot the water lilies unless someone wants them, so let me know if you are interested.

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
Here is a teaser: One of our members has agreed to do a show and tell on his DIY LED lighting. If you have been thinking about building your own LED fixture, you will want to see this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anyone have any needle leaf java fern they would be willing to share? I don't need instant gratification, just a small piece to get me started. I bought some narrow leaf before I realized that it was really needle leaf that I was looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I'm looking for moss , anubias, etc.

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for bringing the great snacks, and thanks to Dustin for the DIY LED demonstration.

Mooncon: You forgot to take the PAR meter. Send me a PM and we'll arrange to get it to you.

Everyone: Someone left behind the Aquarium Spill Mat that he/she won in the raffle. I'll keep it here until you claim it.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Thanks again for hosting, Michael. And a special welcome to the 4 new members. Great turnout everyone.

BTW, the towel is mine and I used it to set the cheese squares on as the pan was still hot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts