Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone would like to host our October meeting please say so.

Third Saturday of October.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone up for hosting on October 18?

--Nikolay

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry Niko, I can't host. The only tank I have set up is in a church library... and it's seen better days.

And I don't know about those snails yet. I'm not sure how I'm getting to Atlanta. It takes 11 days to walk, according to Google Maps. Driving is no cheaper than flying. If I fly, I'll probably only take one carry on.

I'll try to let you know by next week.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The DFWAPC October meeting will be at Mike Herod's house in Arlington.

Pictures of Mike's fish tank room can be seen here (if you haven't seen them yet), and that is what we will all see in person:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ddasega/Mike#

The meeting is on Saturday, October 18, at 1PM.

Directions to Mike's house will be published shortly.

See you there!

--Nikolay

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nicolay how would I join this group, I live in Fort Worth and have a few tanks. Just started adding CO2 to one of them with your mini filter as a diffuser and it works like a charm. Really neat idea. Just finishing the restoring of a vintage 4g metal frame.
Thank You,
Karen

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Karen,

Just come to the meeting. Our club is very informal, but very helpful with advice, plants, and equipment too.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thank You Nico
Sound Great just let me know what I can bring!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
anyone planning on bringing blyxa japonica? if so, that would be cool as im looking for some right now.

i have the following that i can bring:
hygro polysperma green
red cabomba (thinking its probably cabomba furcata)
echinodorus bolivianus (aka E. latifolius)
bacopa caroliniana
java moss
ludwiga repens narrow

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Stuck - I have a couple of stems of Blyxa I can spare. I also have some Rotala Vietnam, a little Limnophila Aromatica and Ludwigia Cuba along with the old standards - Bacopa C., Prosperinica Palustris (Mermaid Weed - Nikos favorite) and a few Crypts. I plan on emptying one of my grow out tanks.

I am looking for at this time is Rotala Macandra if someone can spare a stem or 2.

I will have wine, soft drinks and munchies so noone needs to bring anything except spare plants if you have any.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If anyone has a handful of Riccia floating around, I'd take some off your hands.

I think the only thing I brought last time that people wanted was Ludwigia repens. I'll bring whatever I can. See you Saturday!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am trying to come we decided to put new siding on the garage. It was a new addition to our home in the 60's so it was deteriorating before our eyes.

99.9% sure I will be there. Here is why I am posting I have baby Brigg's snail that are golden in color if anyone is interested. These normally don't eat plants but they can mess up a planted tank. So if you have other tanks they really are fun and cute to watch. Just let me know.
Karen

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Karen,

Please do come. As you already know the meeting is very informal, you could stay for 10 min. if you want.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
251 Posts
Meeting is today, folks! I wish I could be there, but I'll be working. :-(

Brighty K, if no one brings Riccia to the meeting, I will send you some on Monday.

Cheryl

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for hosting, Mike! Your plant room is amazing! And those forceps... wow. You could plant trees with those things.

Cheryl, Mike had some Riccia for me, but I appreciate the offer. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for hosting Mike. I am VERY impressed by your tanks. all of them!

Thanks also to those who brought plants and gave me some.

I got inspired and tossed the "holey" java fern from one tank and cleaned the canister filter which was not moving much water volume.

Next is to read up again on dry dosing. I have the materials just need to understand the dosing.

For next meeting if anyone needs some nice java fern or java moss, let me know. They are the only sure fire things I can grow!

Bob

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I was happy to host the club meeting and thought it was a great turnout for such short notice.

I also picked up a few different plants this time and plan to rearrange my 20L sitting against the window to try to grow them out a little. I can forsee a small glosso lawn with some red/purple Ludwigia to go along with my Blyxa (at least for a couple of weeks or so).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thank You!!!!!
Mike it was so nice to meet both of you, just a great time all around.
To all of attendees it was nice to put some faces to name. Thank You for inviting me. I have so much to learn. Shrimp are doing great.
Nico...lights lets talk.

Karen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts